Saturday, December 11, 2010

Today's Musings

Okay, post two here we go! I thought I’d introduce myself a little in case you couldn’t be bothered to read my little profile thingy. I’m Joanna Eve, student, should be revising right now, kind of bored, pagan, linguist, random, musician, blah blah blah.
I’m pretty excited though because I’m going to see The Sixteen tomorrow! I’ve seen them once before, at Winchester Cathedral but tomorrow it’s in Reading. For those of you who have never been blessed enough to know who they are, they’re a sixteen piece a capella choral group and their version of Allegri’s Miserere Mei is out of this world.
I have a rather unusual taste in music for my age. Most kids would be listening to rap or hip hop while I listen to classical and folk music. Those who dislike classical music simply don’t understand it. If you watched the video above, you’ll understand this – it’s so beautiful I have no idea how people dislike it! I really wish I had such a wonderful soprano voice so I could sing the top part =/
Today I sent off my sixth form application so that I can go to college next year. These applications have gotten more complicated lately, it would seem. Once upon a time you just filled in a form and gave it to your school and they took care of everything. Now, my application was online and I had to know everything myself – which meant I had to hunt down all my target grades and quickly decide what I wanted to study at college. I also had to write a personal statement, which is usually reserved for getting into university. Big pain, but good practice I suppose!
Hope you’re all fine and dandy, and I’ll inflict my next post on you soon!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I'm glad to have been introduced them here, on your blog.

    ReplyDelete