Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Midwinter Musings!

I’m starting to get used to it looking like Narnia around here! When I was a kid we never had white Christmases but now it seems like it snows all the time.


So I just heard on the news that Princess Zara and her boyfriend got engaged – congrats to them! I don’t know, you wait all these years for a royal wedding and two come along all at once :)

Today is the winter solstice, the shortest day. It is one of the minor Sabbats but I like it because I can hibernate and also I can wear antlers without looking too weird (thanks, Rudolph!). In the midwinter like today, I like to snuggle up at home with a good book and a steaming mug of hot chocolate. I’m currently reading the Pellinor books by Allison Croggon and I totally recommend Teton Cocoa Company for your winter drinks!
I decided, on a whim, to look at applying to private colleges today but the dates have already passed. I’ll just have to wait a few years to become posh! I was also looking at linguistics degrees – at UCL you can spend a year in the USA (Arizona or Massachusetts). I’ve never been to either of those places but I sure would like to! I can just imagine an American me… it’s just the other side of the Atlantic (and Ireland, of course) but it’s a different world! I would love to hear about American life –drop me a line!

I’m also in love with Amy Walker’s videos. I want to be her! Her accents are superb and so is her acting and singing. Me, jealous? Never!



I’ve decided to blog weekly, on a Tuesday. Why Tuesday? I don’t know. But it’s Tuesday today and I want to blog! So remember to check back weekly, folks. And if there’s a topic you want me to ramble about – leave a comment! I heart feedback!

That’s all for now – I hope you’re all fine and dandy (my spies at the hospital tell me that there are lots of injuries at the moment) and goodbye until my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment