Friday, December 10, 2010

First post!

Well, woohoo! I finally got round to my first post! Not thst I actually remember making an account...
But anyway. I'm Joanna Eve and this is my blog, Musings of an Oddball.

In the news this week: Nick Clegg being a coward and therefore tuition fees rising, Russia and Qatar win World Cup bids, there is lots of snow in England and a website called Wikileaks has posted sensitive and illegal information all over the net and prompted attacks on big sites such as Paypal and Amazon.

What do I think about this? Well, I think it's cool that Russia gets the 2018 World Cup since I might be starting Russian classes next year however I don't know anything about Qatar. I know it's next to Saudi Arabia but that's all anyone seems to know! The snow is nice, but it gets annoying after a while- it doesn't have the same effect as when I was a kid! Plus, I'm not even supposed to go out in it because of surgery so that's no fun. I don't know much about the Wikileaks case, but the guy in charge has been arrested and it's got everyone angry so that's not good.
And finally, I think the tuition fees increase is a good thing. Say what?!? Yep, a good thing. This will mean that less students will go to university, which makes a degree wrth more again. It will also reduce the amount of 'mickey mouse' degrees and students who are just there for a laugh and not really to learn. I am annoyed that Nick Clegg has done a u-turn after promising no rise in fees but seriously, people need to learn that you can't trust a politician. I also am annoyed about all the riots and protests, because they make a bad name for students and the things they are doing are terrible - burning benches, attacking policemen and the royal family, desecrating monuments etc. Plus most of the people rioting won't even be affected since it doesn't start until 2012 (just in time for me...)!

I'm currently on study leave for my mock exams which means I get to come home at lunchtime and spend the rest of the day wasting time on the internet :) Student life's good! One of my cats, Spice, is beig particularly naughty and keeps bringing in baby mice! We had to hold her down and take it off her then take it back outside. Not good.

I hope everyone's well and dandy, and you can await my next blog :)
It's going to take me a while to get good at this...

No comments:

Post a Comment